Monday, November 27, 2006

Kelley's Work of Art - Leaves

I have just come from a Webshots album of a member named Kelly. She has an impressive display of leaf collection. Anyway, I want to share with you what I told her. Here goes ...

"You hit it on the nail, Kelly, when you noted that I seemed to like taking pictures of leaves. There is no end to the wondrous designs, colors and textures you get from this subject. Flowers are ok but they seem overused, overexposed, so to speak. Above all, it's so obvious. The greater challenge is to find beauty where it's hidden, underexposed, or least expected. And when anybody is able to bring that out in a spectacular way, pure satisfaction - personal or bestowed - is its own reward. By your invitation, I just came from your leaf collection. "Ang galing mo!" That means "You're sooo good!" - in Filipino. You've captured the glorious designs, the vibrant colors and color blends, and even the intricate, delicate textures of the coleus plant. My goodness, you have just curated a portion of the works of our Creator, our God in a magnificent way! Thank you for inviting me to your leaf collection. I hope to do one myself someday, if you don't mind if I copy your style?"

Please check out Kelly's leaf collection: http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/552665392srxKdy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home